Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thing #7: Image Generators

O.k...the possibilities are, quite literally, endless with these fabulous image generators.  I've never  tried any of these previously, but after having played around with a few, my creative mind is "swirling" with ideas and thoughts about how these could be used with my students in the classroom.

The first one I explored was the Tagxedo tool.  I typed in a brief description of what music is and chose the shape of an eighth note to display the words contained in that paragraph.  I also explored each of the tools to the left of the design screen which included buttons for changing the font, color, arrangement of words in the design, shape, and source of text. Below is the resulting design I created.

 
What's really "cool" about Tagxedo is that by clicking on each word found in the design, each term becomes highlighted and enlarged!  Amazing!  This tool could be used to re-enforce vocabulary and musical terms discussed in class as well as explore the various instruments found in each music instrument family.  A different shape of a particular instrument from each family with instruments of that family included within the design could be a great visual tool to re-enforce student's understanding of instrument families.
 
The second image generator tool I used was the Voki. This was interesting because it gave a visual to the printed text and audible voice chosen for the Voki avatar.  This could be used in the classroom to introduce a new lesson in music like the treble and bass clef and note names. below is a link to an avatar created as I experimented with avatar character selections and design.
 

1 comment:

  1. Derrick I seeing you taking risks like this musical note. Obviously you explored the Tagxedo enough to manipulate the design beyond the random generator like wordle. A very bold statement.

    ReplyDelete