Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thing #15: Things Like Skype

   So, I set up Skype on my laptop and on my iPad...all connections and test calls went along just fine except for my test call on my laptop. It kept saying that something was wrong with my microphone on the laptop.  So I struggled to get it to work but couldn't, so I, instead, opted to use face time to call family in California. It works very similarly to Skype except it's designed by Apple.  This is how we always communicate with extended family in California since purchasing my iPad and my purchasing hers last year. It is a great way to see each other without physically being there.  I will continue to try and solve the "great" mystery of the non-working laptop microphone. I have this feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach that it's one minor thing or oversight that's keeping it from working. I'll keep you posted!
 
     I could possibly see something like Skype being used in school similarly to video conferencing where everything is in realtime even though those connected can be miles and miles away from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment